Adobe Illustrator CS3
Adobe Illustrator CS2/CS3
Adobe Illustrator CS2/CS3 is the industry-standard program with drawing tools, flexible color controls, and professional type controls that allows you to electronically illustrate documents using vector graphics. Vector graphics consist of lines and curves defined by mathematical objects called vectors.
For example, when drawing a circle, the program creates the circle based on its shape and size. The object, can then be moved, scaled or rotated without affecting the quality of the printed copy object.
Whether you are a designer, technical illustrator or an artist producing graphics for the Web or multimedia, you will find that Adobe Illustrator excels as an art production tool. This program gives you precise control over artwork and the ability to produce anything from small designs to large, complex projects.
Creative, Web, Engineering, Finance, IT, Legal, Marketing and Admin Professionals as well as anyone who needs to create, edit, assemble, publish and distribute electronic illustrations, imagery and presentations.
Adobe Illustrator CS3*
Duration: Two-Day Course
Platform: Windows and Macintosh
Fee: $765 CDN (+HST)
This class is limited to eight people.
*As of January 1, 2008 all Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash courses will be on version CS3 unless otherwise indicated. If you are currently are using previous versions you can still benefit from attending this course.
Please contact DPA for more details or to have an instructor contact you.
In this course you will learn to create original artwork and recreate scanned artwork. Use the type tools in Illustrator to create blocks of type, type on a path and fill an irregular shape with type as well as linking text blocks and wrapping text around graphics. You will explore the transformation tools to resize, rotate, reflect and shear graphics. Also covered in this course are the layers palette, compound paths, blends, masks & patterns.
- Illustrator Preferences
- In-depth coverage of the work area
- Identifying and selecting tools
- Working with palettes (selecting, collapsing, customizing)
- Viewing artwork
- Using rulers, guides and grids
- Using the selection tools (direct selection and group selection)
- Using the Bounding Box
- Painting: filling and stroking with colour, filling with patterns, working with colours and gradients
- Creating basic shapes (square, rectangle, circle, oval, ellipse)
- Drawing polygons, stars, lines arcs & spirals
- Editing shapes with the scissors tool and the knife tool
- Using Anchor Points
- Drawing straight lines using the Pen Tool (considered to be the most powerful tool in Illustrator)
- Drawing curves and lines
- Drawing graphics with the Pen Tool
- Using the transformation tools – scaling, rotating, shearing, reflecting
- Using type including creating type on a path, inserting type into an object, linking blocks of type, wrapping type around a graphic
- All about blends, including blending outline type
- Creating compound paths
- Clipping paths
- Working with layers & sub-layers: the layers palette, creating a layer, selecting objects in a layer or multiple layers, hiding layers, locking layers, deleting layers and more
- Using filters
Adobe CS5 - Now Available!
On Request Only
Call DPA for info
Download PDF of Course Outline
If you have Adobe Reader installed you can view it now:
Receive a discount off of the regular fee for this course!
Register for two or more courses and you automatically qualify for a discount of 10% off the regular fees for all courses.
Register for five or more courses at one time and the discount increases to 15% per courses
(Note: Only the 10% discount applies to Microsoft Office or FileMaker Pro training)