Microsoft Word 2010
Microsoft Word is a word processing and publishing program for creating letters, reports, flyers, stationery, and other documents — even Web pages.
Microsoft Office Word 2010 helps information workers create professional-looking content more quickly than ever before. With a host of new tools, you can quickly construct documents from predefined parts and styles, as well as compose and publish blogs directly from within Word.
The Microsoft Office Fluent user interface presents tools when you need them, in a clear and organized fashion with features such as live visual previews, predefined style galleries, table formats, and other content.
Office Word 2010 introduces Building Blocks for adding frequently used content to your documents. Select from a predefined gallery of cover pages, pull quotes, headers, and footers to make your documents look more professional. You can even create your own Building Blocks to simplify the addition of custom text, such as legal disclaimer text or other frequently used materials.
Admin, Creative, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Marketing and IT Professionals as well as anyone who needs create, edit, assemble, publish and distribute electronic documents.
Microsoft Office 2007 Training Courses
Microsoft Word 2010
Duration: One-Day Course
Fee: Call DPA
This class is limited to eight people.
This course is designed for experienced Word 2003 users with knowledge of Word at the Intermediate level or higher. This course will introduce you to the new and improved features in Word 2010 to quickly bring you up to speed on this new version.
- Explore the new Word 2010 interface.
- Compare the location of the Word 2003 commands to those in Word 2010.
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Use contextual menus and tabs.
- Use the Backstage view.
- Understand the Word 2010 file format.
- Use the Live Preview feature.
- Work in all the Word views.
- Use the Zoom slider to get a close up view of your file or zoom out to see more of the page at a reduced size.
- Work with the Word views.
- Use the Dialog Box launcher to see all traditional or Office 2003 style dialog boxes.
- Use the predefined themes, colour sets, font sets and effects to create a consistent and unified design within your document and across other Office applications.
- Use the Mini-toolbar to format your document.
- Use quick styles or create your own styles to quickly and easily format your document.
- Use the improved Document Map View to navigate and change your document.
- Use the predefined Building Blocks or create your own building block to speed up the typing of repetitive text.
- Create tables and use the predefined table styles.
- Customize Word 2010 using the Word Options command.
- Customize the ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar to better match your work style.
On Request Only
Call DPA for info
Download PDF of Course Outline
If you have Adobe Reader installed you can view it now:
Receive a discount off of the regular fee for this course!
Register for two or more courses and you automatically qualify for a discount of 10% off the regular fees for all courses.
Register for five or more courses at one time and the discount increases to 15% per courses
(Note: Only the 10% discount applies to Microsoft Office or FileMaker Pro training)