Following a brief review of the basic concepts in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016, you will learn to customize a PowerPoint presentation and use the many advanced features to quickly create a well-designed and coordinated presentation.
Duration: Two-Day Course
Platform: Windows Only
Fee: Call for information
We recommend one to eight people for this course.
Create a Presentation
- The PowerPoint interface: the Backstage View, Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar in Office 2016
- Using advanced editing techniques to create and edit your presentation.
- Using the advanced formatting techniques to create interesting slides.
- Adding comments using the Comments pane.
- Using the new and improved Presenter View to see your notes on your monitor when you deliver your presentation.
Create a PowerPoint Template
- Using the improved themes in PowerPoint 2016.
- Applying and then customizing the theme, color scheme, font set and background of your presentation.
- Creating a professional looking slide, title, handout, notes and outline master to ensure a consistent look throughout a presentation.
- Creating and saving custom slide layouts.
- Saving a custom template and theme based on a presentation you have designed.
- Adding Clip Art and photographs to create attention grabbing slides and using the many new picture effects available in Office 2016.
- Constructing interesting drawings using the predefined shapes. Using the improved Smart Guide to align objects on your slide.
Creating custom shapes.
- Using the new eyedropper tool to colour match objects on your slide.
- Inserting a table to display information in column and row format.
- Displaying data more effectively by a creating a bar or pie chart and taking advantage of the color scheme in your presentation.
- Producing an organizational chart or a pyramid diagram using PowerPoint's SmartArt graphics.
- Converting an existing bullet point slide to a SmartArt graphic.
Animate and Package the Presentation
- Add excitement to your presentation by including special transitional effects to your slides.
- Animating the text, objects and charts in your presentation and incorporating movies and sounds into your presentation.
- Creating motion path animations.
- Learning to easily trim the video on your slide.
- Adding hyperlinks to your presentation and then clicking on the hyperlink to quickly go to a specific slide, a different presentation, a Word document, an Excel worksheet or an Internet address.
- Saving your presentation as a package to ensure all the graphics, movies and files are available for presenting.
Application Overview: Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
Microsoft PowerPoint is a graphical presentation program that helps you create professional, attention-getting presentations.
Creating a presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint involves starting with a basic design; adding new slides and content; choosing layouts; modifying slide design, if you want, by changing the color scheme or applying different design templates; and creating effects such as animated slide transitions. The information below focuses on the options available to you when you start the process.
You can add music and sounds from files on your computer, a network, the Internet, or Microsoft Clip Organizer. You can also record your own sounds to add to a presentation, or use music from a CD.
Admin, Creative, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Marketing and IT Professionals as well as anyone who needs create, edit, assemble, publish and distribute electronic presentations.