This course is especially designed for people who will be creating long documents. The commands covered in this course will enhance your productivity and help you create well organized and professional looking documents in Microsoft Word 2013.
Duration: Two-Day Course
Platform: Windows Only
Fee: Call for information
We recommend one to eight people for this course.
- The Microsoft Word interface: the Backstage View, Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar in Office 2013.
- Collecting items using the Office Clipboard and efficiently copying and pasting text using the Paste Options Smart Tag.
- Using the Compare Side by Side command to easily scroll through two documents. Using the new Read Mode, Object Zoom and Resume reading features.
Eliminate Repetitive Typing
- Using the AutoCorrect command to automatically correct common typing errors and creating your own AutoCorrect entries. Using the predefined Building Blocks command to store large amounts of text that you use frequently.
- Inserting special characters into your document and using the keyboard equivalents to type in non-breaking spaces and non-breaking hyphens.
Advanced Formatting and Page Layout
- Improve the appearance of a document using the many character formatting features. Applying paragraph formatting to control indents, spacing and paragraph pagination.
- Setting, changing and deleting a custom tab and also setting a leader tab. Applying custom borders and shading to add interest to your text, paragraphs and pages.
- Using custom bullets and numbering to itemize a list.
- Laying out a page using section breaks to allow different headers and footers and margins in each section of the document.
- Saving character and paragraph formatting into a Style name to ensure that you have consistent formatting throughout your document. Using the new expand and collapse feature in a long document using Heading Styles.
Long Document Management
- Using the improved Navigation Pane, the browse object button and using the Outline View to navigate through your document.
Table of Contents
- Creating and updating a Table of Contents using heading styles.
- Using the predefined themes, creating a custom theme with a custom colour scheme and custom theme fonts, saving a Document Theme and applying the theme to another document.
- Creating tables to quickly and easily arrange text in columns and rows, professionally format your table and use the sum function in a Word table.
- Reviewing and tracking the changes made in a document. Using the Insert Comment command (similar to using a post-it note on the screen) without changing the document text. Comparing two documents that were revised even if the Track Changes command was not originally used.
- Using the Mail Merge Task Pane to create personalized mass mailings.
Application Overview: Microsoft Word 2013
Microsoft Word lets you create, apply, modify and copy styles to eliminate repetitive formatting and ensure you have consistent looking documents.
AutoCorrect will automatically correct your text as you type whereas with AutoText you may choose
whether or not you wish to insert the entry into your document. You can modify the AutoCorrect and AutoText
features to insert text and pictures that you use regularly.
Microsoft Word gives you advanced controls over fonts, alignment and spacing, pagination options as well as tabs and the creation of tables for display of information and as a page layout tool.
Admin, Creative, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Marketing and IT Professionals as well as anyone who needs create, edit, assemble, publish and distribute electronic documents.