This course is especially designed for people who will be creating long documents. The commands covered in this course will enhance your productivity and help you create well organized and professional looking documents in Microsoft Word 2016.
Duration: Two-Day Course
Platform: Windows Only
Fee: Call for information
We recommend one to eight people for this course.
- Get acquainted with the Backstage View, Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar in Office 2016.
- Collect many items using the Office Clipboard and efficiently copy and paste text using the Paste Options Smart Tag.
- Use the Compare Side by Side command to easily scroll through two documents. Use the new Read Mode, Object
- Zoom and Resume reading features.
Eliminate Repetitive Typing
- Use the AutoCorrect command to automatically correct common typing errors and create your own AutoCorrect entries. Use the predefined Building Blocks command to store large amounts of text that you use frequently.
- Insert special characters into your document and use the keyboard equivalents to type in non-breaking spaces and non-breaking hyphens.
Advanced Formatting and Page Layout
- Make your document look better using the many character formatting features. Apply paragraph formatting to control indents, spacing and pagination of your paragraphs.
- Set, change and delete a custom tab and also set a leader tab. Apply custom borders and shading to add interest to your text, paragraphs and pages.
- Use custom bullets and numbering to itemize a list.
- Layout your page using section breaks to allow different headers and footers and margins in each section of the
- Save character and paragraph formatting into a Style name to ensure that you have consistent formatting throughout your document. Use the new expand and collapse feature in a long document using HeadingStyles.
Long Document Management
- Use the improved Navigation Pane, the browse object button and use the Outline View to navigate through your document.
Table of Contents
- Create and easily update a table of contents using heading styles.
- Use the predefined themes, create a custom theme with a custom colour scheme and custom theme fonts, save a
- Document Theme and apply the theme to another document.
- Create tables to quickly and easily arrange text in columns and rows, professionally format your table and use the sum function in a Word table.
- Review and track changes made in a document. Use the Insert Comment command which is like creating a post-it note on the screen without changing the document text. Compare two documents that were revised even if the
- Track Changes command was not originally used.
- Use the Mail Merge Task Pane to help you create personalized mass mailings.
Application Overview: Microsoft Word 2016
Microsoft Word lets you create, apply, modify and copy styles to eliminate repetitive formatting and ensure you have consistent looking documents.
AutoCorrect will automatically correct your text as you type whereas with AutoText you may choose
whether or not you wish to insert the entry into your document. You can modify the AutoCorrect and AutoText
features to insert text and pictures that you use regularly.
Microsoft Word gives you advanced controls over fonts, alignment and spacing, pagination options as well as tabs and the creation of tables for display of information and as a page layout tool.
Admin, Creative, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Marketing and IT Professionals as well as anyone who needs create, edit, assemble, publish and distribute electronic documents.