If you already know the basics of PowerPoint, this course will give you a productivity boost and will let you focus on creativity. Learn how to produce your own template by creating a colour scheme, selecting background fills, and building multiple masters. Get beyond text by inserting clip art, photographs, movies and sounds to add excitement to your presentation. Display your data artistically by inserting a bar or line chart and have your text come alive by using one of the pre-defined diagrams. Finally, add flair to your slides with the many new animation effects available to you in PowerPoint.On Request Only - Contact DPA
Duration: Two-Day Course
Platform: Windows Only
Fee: Call for information
We recommend one to eight people for this course.
- Explore and use the many built-in design templates which will help you to create your presentation
- Create a coordinated colour scheme for your presentation
- Create a professional looking slide master to ensure a consistent look in your presentation
- Work with multiple masters to target only certain slides
- Save your own custom template based on a presentation you have designed
- Develop, organize, and rearrange your slides in Outline View
- Insert a table onto a slide when you wish to display information in a column and row format
- Work smarter using the AutoCorrect command to reduce the typing of common words
- Create attention-grabbing slides by downloading clip art from the Internet and inserting pictures onto your slides
- Display data more effectively by creating charts using Microsoft Graph to take advantage of the color scheme in your presentation
- Use the Paste Special, Paste Link command to copy an Excel range to a PowerPoint presentation and keep the copied information up-to-date if the original data changes in the Excel file
- Produce an organization chart or a pyramid diagram using PowerPoint’s conceptual diagrams
- Add excitement to your presentation by including special slide transitional effects and animation to text, objects and charts
- Incorporate multimedia, such as music, sounds and videos to your presentation
- Add hyperlinks to your presentation and then click on the hyperlink to quickly go to a specific slide, a different presentation, a Word document, an Excel worksheet or an Internet address
- Save a PowerPoint presentation as a web page
- Use the Package for CD command to save files and linked files to a new folder or CD
Application Overview: Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
Microsoft PowerPoint is a graphical presentation program that helps you create professional, attention-getting presentations.
Creating a presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint involves starting with a basic design; adding new slides and content; choosing layouts; modifying slide design, if you want, by changing the color scheme or applying different design templates; and creating effects such as animated slide transitions. The information below focuses on the options available to you when you start the process.
You can add music and sounds from files on your computer, a network, the Internet, or Microsoft Clip Organizer. You can also record your own sounds to add to a presentation, or use music from a CD.
Admin, Creative, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Marketing and IT Professionals as well as anyone who needs create, edit, assemble, publish and distribute electronic presentations.